TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BUYERS
Buyers must complete a registration form and await official BETEX approval. BETEX will review all applications for participation, and reserves the right to refuse participation based on eligibility requirements or any other reason deemed necessary. BETEX will send written registration confirmations upon approval of application and receipt of payment.
US$399 – Market Place Only: May 3-5 (includes two night’s accommodation)
US$599 – Market Place with 3 days expedition: May 3-8 (includes five night’s accommodation)
$50 off for second delegate
All buyers intending to participate in BETEX must meet the following requirements:
- be the representative of an outbound tour operator, wholesaler, travel agent, group travel organizer, corporate travel buyer, event planner, conference organizer, online travel company or airline
- be affiliated with accredited travel agent organizations or hold airline contracts (non-agent spouses do not qualify)
- present a business card and industry-accepted ID (IATAN, CLIA, ASTA, NACOA, MPI, OSSN, NACTA, CTO)
- be interested in promoting and selling Belize as a tourist destination
- complete Registration Form and provide payment information
- receive approval and confirmation from BETEX
- pay the established fee as set by BETEX upon registration
- participate in the planned itinerary, and attend all mini-marketplace sessions
- be employed full-time in the sale and promotion of individual, group or wholesale travel packages
- Meals and double-occupancy accommodations (limited numbers of single occupancy accommodations are available at a premium)
- Attend the opening night, educational seminar, orientation session, and marketplace business session
- Attend pre-scheduled meetings with Suppliers
- Attend all programmed social functions
- Access programmed transfers between airport and hotels
- Access any discounted fares previously agreed to by BETEX and the participating Airlines.
- Access any applicable hotel discounts as previously agreed to by BETEX and the participating hotels.
Tradeshow Meeting Appointments:
Appointments will be pre-scheduled automatically via a computer matching system. Buyers will be given the opportunity to select the companies they would like to meet, using the online system. Appointment requests will be made from February 20 – March 20. BETEX will manage the automated scheduling process. Perfect matches will be scheduled first, followed by buyer requests. Appointment schedules will be available by April 20. There will be a total of 30 appointment slots, each 20 minutes, taking place between the hours of 9:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 4:00pm on May 4 and 9:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 3:00pm on May 5 in the exhibition room.
Accommodations are based on double-occupancy, unless otherwise specified. Host hotels will be listed on the itineraries. Limited single occupancy hotel accommodations are available. The single supplement is US$100 for Tradeshow only registrations and US$250 for Tradeshow & Post Tour registrations. Single occupancy is based on availability and must be confirmed by BETEX at the time of registration.
Every applicant not accepted by BETEX will be reimbursed 100% of registration fees paid. Any voluntary cancellation received in writing on or before February 15, 2017 will be eligible for a 50% refund. Cancellations received after February 15, 2017, will not receive a refund.
BETEX reserves the right to change itineraries due to unforeseen circumstances, or close registration once the maximum number of participants has registered.
Buyers must participate in the planned itineraries and are expected to be present at the tradeshow session, attend their scheduled appointments, and participate in seminars, cultural functions and other activities on their itinerary. All activities are designed to encourage business interaction between the Buyers and Suppliers and full participation is important to ensure a successful event for all.
Since participants are required to remain on their assigned itineraries, suppliers are not permitted to schedule meetings and tours during this time. All services on the scheduled itineraries are pre-arranged between BETEX organizers and the suppliers.
All participants must agree to the Terms and Conditions of BETEX at the time of registration and release BTIA, BETEX, its organizers, sponsors, officers and employees from any liability for any personal injury, loss or harm caused by third parties occurring during or while attending or traveling to or from BETEX arranged events.
BETEX cannot be held responsible for any unforeseen circumstances that may occur prior to or during the event that may disrupt the itineraries, or require changes in the pre-planned schedule. If through some major force (through no fault of the organizers), it becomes necessary to cancel the event, BETEX will make every effort to facilitate participant requests, depending on the situation. The Organizers reserve the right to exclude or remove anyone from BETEX, or disallow participation in future shows to anyone who does not comply with BETEX Terms and Conditions.